Sunday, April 30, 2017

Adventures!





While I waited for Jim to finish paying the cashier at Thrifty Outfitter where we had just bought rain jackets for our Alaskan cruise, my eyes were drawn to this poster. Oh, adventure calls me!!
Edmund Viesturs is a high-altitude mountaineer and corporate speaker. He is the only American to have climbed all 14 of the world's eight-thousander mountain peaks, and the fifth person to do so without using supplemental oxygen. Wikipedia
BornJune 22, 1959 (age 57 years), Fort Wayne, IN
SpousePaula Viesturs (m. 1996)

8 comments:

  1. I think I would like this store, and I'm glad to see you're continuing your adventures. There comes a day when it becomes too difficult or impossible. Re your comment on Ocala: Video walls feature videos set up beside one another that "talk" to each other to determine specific outcomes. You can Google the phrase and find all sorts of info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Alaskan cruise! Adventure really does call Kate ☺ Amazing to think that people can climb to such heights without supplemental oxygen, I would have thought that impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Alaska travels will be fun. I lived in Fairbanks for 10 years, it was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best climbers in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaska is a great place for an adventure. When is your cruise...this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have done that cruise..but I didn't need any of that gear....:)
    You ask a question on my post. the daughter of one of the founders is second from left. She has a house in Colorado as all of the ladies in this picture do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you won't need oxygen for your cruise! When is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!