Thursday, August 04, 2016

Fey


We have many interesting creatures in this neighbourhood: dogs, cats, birds, an occasional raccoon or  coyote and have even seen deer in St. Kate's campus woods a number of years ago.  None seem to interest Wild Wendy, our small dog, as this statue of a fairy in our neighbour's garden.  WW cannot pass without saying "Hello"-- I suspect that at night when we are all fast asleep, both of them cavort about the neighbourhood as only kindred spirits do.  Perhaps WW is our own little fey?

12 comments:

  1. That's very cute...looks like a birdbath. I'm not sure what WW and the fairy would do other than cavort, but hey, cavorting can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prettiest bird bath ever, I would love this fey beauty in my garden Kate, no wonder WW is infatuated 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sculpture! Weird stuff happens at night so you never know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind having that birdbath in my back yard. It's a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little statue. I can see why WW would enjoy it and why it would haunt her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have to stay up one night to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely thing to have in a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny, WW must have a special feeling for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy has good taste and obviously brings you great joy and entertainment,

    ReplyDelete
  10. You remind me of a book I was reading Willa last week, Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE children's book but have gotten out of the habit. When teaching high school kids, I often used children's books to teach fine points of characterization, setting, theme, etc. and it worked. I love the play on "Good Night, Moon," and must read it now.

      Delete
    2. I did, too! Great teaching tool and the kids loved revisiting their old favorites.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!