Thursday, March 17, 2016

Wearing of the Green


Holy Cow!  It's St. Patty's Day!!(IrishLá Fhéile Pádraig) St Paul is a great city in which to celebrate this important date: parades and parties all over town. The best parade is the shortest.. .  around the bar in O'Gara's Bar and Grill on Snelling and Selby Avenues, led by the Brian Boru Pipe Band at 3:30 pm.  The 50th annual parade in downtown begins at noon. Many pubs and restaurants offer special fare on this important date.  Shamrocks, Emmets, The Dubliner and The Liffey are just a few that will help you celebrate.

My DH, "Seamus," whose ancestors came over from County Mayo during the Potato Famine and our daughter, Kati Kilbane honour and celebrate their name sakes on this important family day.

You previously have met this wonderful lawn sculpture on many important holidays, the most recent was posted just prior to Valentine's Day.  Next time I pass the house I think that I will ring the doorbell to meet and  find out a little more about the owners.

18 comments:

  1. This made me think of the poem "I never saw a purple cow...." I have never seen a green one either! Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha -- That cow, decked out in its St. Patty's Day finest -- is adorable. Great find. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fotografias interessantes.
    Um abraço.
    http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was working for Wells Fargo I had to go to Minneapolis quite often (I had employees there) and just up the street from the operations center where I worked, was a place called Kieran's Irish Pub. I always made a point of going there for lunch whenever I visited Minneapolis. They had great traditional food and great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a very quiet day today; no parade because it was too cold!I.I'm sure that Kieran's was rocking tho!

      Delete
  5. Nice find, enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that delightful cow before, but I like it! I did wear green while playing golf today. Didn't help my game at all! Should have had some green beer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, this is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this cow! You'd mentioned that it changes its garb. I love the look for this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cow! I hope you'll report back on your meeting with those neighbors. I bet they're fun people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me smile after midnight in Perth Kate, merci beaucoup :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed St. Patrick's Day parades for the second year in a row. Maybe I will stay home next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fun to have a cow to decorate for the holidays. Makes me wonder if that elephant in a nearby neighborhood is wearing green?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to your post when you meet the owners. I'm sure there is a fun story there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!