Sunday, March 27, 2016

Saluting Women #3-My Friend Mary!


Happy Easter!

I met Mary in Sante Fe, New Mexico in 1984 when we both attended a summer seminar for teachers at St. John's College. She moved from Schnectedy, New York to Taos, New Mexico shortly after she retired but  eventually returned to live permanently in Saratoga Springs, New York.  Mary was a great social studies teacher, is a terrific friend who loves her family, adores singing Irish songs and entertaining.  Recently she appeared on my blog when she and other friends came to the Twin Cities to see the fabulous Japanese art collection at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

Click here for an explanation of my "Saluting Women" theme.

11 comments:

  1. What a nice photo with the flower head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have picked a better Easter image Kate! Your good friend Mary in her Easter bonnet is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice portrait of Mary. Her hat is so appropriate for today with all those lovely colourful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like Mary just by looking at her. I know several folks that are retiring in AZ and NM. None of my business, but wonder why she didn't stay. maybe missed family. Somehow I think you would do quite well moving there. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her Easter bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous! I never find women wearing chapeaux like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just right for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect Easter portrait! I'm guessing you feel blessed to have Mary as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice to meet you mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice portrait of Mary !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!