Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Friday Field Trip #6-Conservatory


The Marjory McNeely Conservatory in Como Park in St Paul is a favorite place to visit.  Because we have to attend  a memorial service next Friday, we took our FFT yesterday on Tuesday.  We were surprised to see that all parking lots were filled with a steady steam of more autos looking for spaces.  Guess spring break is still going on plus there seems to be more retired people visiting these days.  We were anxious to see the spring flower show in The Sunken Garden and were not disappointed.  The lilies, tulips, crocuses, and pansies were all color coordinated in shades of yellows and oranges. . .a feast for the eyes. Come back Friday when I will post some of the flowers I photographed.
Click here for history of Como Park and Conservatory
Linking to Signs, Signs and Through My Lens

12 comments:

  1. A very attractive building. Look forward to seeing the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy that you took shots from different angles Kate.. what an absolutely beautiful conservatory! I'm not at all surprised there was a steady stream of visitors, I would have been one of them :) Looking forward to the flower shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great looking building!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember visiting this place many years ago. I can't wait to see the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excelentes fotografias.
    Um abraço e uma Santa e Feliz Páscoa.
    http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful structure, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love buildings like this. When the page loaded, I thought I was looking at the Lalbagh Gardens in Bangalore, India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a truly gorgeous building! I look forward to seeing what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful structure, the 1st photo is great, Kate !

    ReplyDelete
  10. what gorgeous work of art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic building!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one awesome looking Glass House. I like the quote in your Header "I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed" That's so true as so often the camera's image looks so different to what the eye sees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!