Friday, March 11, 2016

Ducks


I like to go into Asian supermarkets because invariably I see items unavailable in markets where I normally shop.  I doubt that this image will appeal to vegans, but I am curious as how these might taste. I recently bought a wok and am on a roll with oriental recipes.  After a few more NOT run-of-the-mill Chinese recipes, I think I'll move on to Korean and try my hand at that.  As a friend of mine recently said about her own experimentation with different Asian recipes, I am smitten with cooking my new cuisine.

10 comments:

  1. I used to have a wok and I used it all the time. I wonder why I gave that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shops here in Chinatown tend to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a brave soul! Hope your kitchen experiments turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a vegetarian friend of mine said, "Not so lucky duckies!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooking adventures can be lots of fun. We can usually find most ingredients we need here but fresh produce and some other items for Asian cooking require a trek beyond the Olympic Peninsula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. This got my attention. On our way to Houston our host sent a text asking which did we want for dinner: beef, chicken or salmon.I read it to Tom as we were passing a long truck loaded with live chickens crammed too tightly in cages. His reply was "anything but chicken".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no they look so sad :) I'm not a vegan Kate, but I've never eaten duck, pork or lamb, which is nuts because Australia has the best lamb in the world.. go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't work on anything that still has its head attached!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a vegan but spent many years as a vegetarian. Don't think I could eat anything with its head still on. I can't cook a chicken because it's too ... chickeny! I do like Asian markets, though, and miss them now that I have moved South.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!